Patients & Visitors Information
• Better Health, Good Health Care Goals
• Equity & Access
• Healthier People
• Skilled and Valued Workforce
• Quality Health Care
• Develop a shared sense of direction with our community (strive to promote services consistent with values of the community)
• Strengthen our working relationships with key service providers
• Ensure the community has equitable access to services
• Develop a health outcomes orientated organisation
• Ensure effective and efficient use of resources (transparent decision making)
• Demonstrate that the Bowral & District Hospital values it’s workforce.
For the health of our patients, visitors and staff Bowral & District Hospital is smoke free in accordance with NSW Health Department Policy. A smoke free environment assists us in providing a safe and healthy environment for our patients. Your cooperation with this policy is appreciated.
We are dedicated to hand hygiene at Bowral & District Hospital and have a number of hand hygiene stations located though out the hospital with Antibacterial Hand cleaner. We encourage you to take the time to clean your hands when in Bowral & District Hospital as ‘clean hands save lives’.
Parking is provided within metres of the hospitals main entrance. Security is available to escort staff and visitors to their car on request.
Volunteers make a valuable contribution to Bowral & District Hospital. They assist patients, visitors and are valuable members of our team. If you would like to become a volunteer at Bowral & District Hospital please call 4861 0200 for more information.
Donations and Bequests
Donations and bequests to Bowral & District Hospital help us to provide an increasing range of services to our patients and over the years have been used to purchase vital equipment to ensure the ongoing quality of care provided to our patients. For more information please contact the General Manager’s Unit on 4861 0200.
Zero tolerance is about keeping health staff, patients and visitors safe. You have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and to receive treatment in a violence free environment. Patients and visitors must not harass, abuse, threaten or put health staff, or any other person on health service premises at risk of physical or psychological harm.
Further information on patient rights and responsibilities can be found at under "Complaints, Comments and Compliments”.