Bowral & District Hospital Redevelopment
Planning for the Bowral & District Hospital redevelopment is currently underway with enabling works to start in 2017. The State Government has committed $50 million to the hospital and this funding will be used to address the local community’s health care needs.
South Western Sydney Local Health District has identified a number of clinical services to be addressed through the hospital redevelopment.
The top priorities are:
• Inpatient (overnight) accommodation for all services
• Surgical services
• Maternity and paediatric services.
To make the most of the $50 million investment, the Government is looking into sharing services with the Southern Highlands Private Hospital (Ramsay Health Care) located on the same site as Bowral & District Hospital.
Working with Ramsay Health Care could open up opportunities for Bowral & District Hospital to redevelop other services which will benefit the community.
Do you want more information? Register for updates by sending your name and email address to: BowralHospitalRedevelopment@sswahs.nsw.gov.au
Do you have questions about Bowral & District Hospital redevelopment? Come along to the community Q&A session to find out what is happening to your local hospital. There will be a presentation and an opportunity to ask questions.
• Monday 3 April – Bowral Memorial Hall, 24 Bendooley St, Bowral from 6.30pm - 8.30pm
A number of community information sessions will happen in your local area:
• Thursday 6 April – Sutton Forest: Sutton Forest Hall from 11.00am – 1.00pm
• Thursday 6 April – Bundanoon: Bundanoon Soldiers’ Memorial Hall from 4.00pm – 6.00pm
• Friday 7 April – Exeter: Exeter Village Hall from 11.00am – 1.00pm
• Monday 10 April – Moss Vale: Wingecarribee Council Chambers (Gibraltar Room) from 11:00am – 1:00pm
• Monday 10 April – Mittagong: Mittagong Community Centre from 2:00pm – 4:00pm
• Tuesday 11 April – Bowral: Bowral & District Hospital from 9:30am – 12:30pm
Bowral & District Hospital Redevelopment Information Sheet