logo

liv200
  • 01
  • 02
  • 03
  • 04
  • 05

In 2013, Liverpool Hospital celebrated 200 years of continuous service to the community and was awarded the Mayoral Macquarie Award by Liverpool City Council in recognition of its service.

Having likely started as a tent hospital in the 1790s, Liverpool Hospital was established in a brick building on the banks of the Georges River in 1813, where it was run as a hospital for soldiers and convicts.

Following the completion of the Hospital's $390 million redevelopment, it is the largest Hospital and tertiary referral centre in NSW and one of the leading trauma centres in Australia.


© 2016 South Western Sydney Local Health District
Page last updated: 23 January, 2015
NSW Ministry of Health |   SWSLHD on YouTube   SWSLHD on Facebook   SWSLHD on Twitter
Disclaimer | Privacy Statement | Accessibility | Sitemap